Sunday, May 11, 2014

Such a Proud Academic Mom

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I am en route from Amsterdam to Italy today - very excited about the workshop on Energy, Cities, and Complex Systems, which I will be speaking at in Erice, Sicily.

I heard the great news since writing my recent blogpost.

It is now official - what a great Mother's Day present!

Two of my former doctoral students, both of whom received their PhDs in Management Science at the Isenberg School, have now been promoted to Associate Professor with tenure at their respective universities.

Congratulations to Dr. Trisha Woolley Anderson, who received her PhD in 2010 and to Dr. Zugang "Leo" Liu, who received his in 2008!  Dr. Anderson is at the School of Business at Texas Wesleyan University and Dr. Liu is at Penn State U. Hazleton. Dr. Liu also is the recipient of the Faculty Research Award at his university this year and Dr. Anderson received her university's Teaching Award, also in 2014.

Also, I am so proud of all our Operations & Information Management majors at the Isenberg School who received their degrees this past weekend - Congratulations!!!!