Thursday, September 20, 2012

Operations Management and Supply Chain Network Theory -- Now Online


I am starting to pack for my trip back to Sweden next week and this time around I will be taking warmer clothes than I needed for my stay there this past June.

I am very much looking forward to being back in Gothenburg, the second largest city in Sweden, and to contributing to a course in Contemporary Business Administration Research at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg.

The supervisor for the course has offered to have a lot of water and coffee ready since, when I forwarded my lecture slides to him, he responded by saying that he has never seen such a large one. Perhaps my students will need the refreshments more than I will.

I will be lecturing on "Operations Management and Supply Chain Network Theory" and I expect many interesting discussions with the students who represent different disciplines of business administration.

I will be covering not only some of the history of operations management but also some fundamentals of methodologies, including game theory, and a wide range of applications from food supply chains to sustainable fashion supply chains and sustainability, in general.