Sunday, June 10, 2012

Academic Humor -- Swedish Style

I have been blogging from Sweden since arriving in Gothenburg in June where I am now a Visiting Professor.

I very much enjoy my Swedish colleagues at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg and am being spoiled with the cafe latte and cappuccino maker in our general office area, along with the weekly arrivals of big fruit baskets as well as afternoon cake treats.

Of course, given all these luxuries, sometimes the sink here gets filled up with dirty dishes.


A few days ago the sign in the photo above got posted over the sink. My colleague in Finance, Professor Stefan Sjogren, is featured in the sign.

Since I am not a speaker of Swedish I think that the translation to English perhaps was meant for me or one of the other Visiting Professors?!

Every time I see the sign with a photo of my colleague, though, I can't help but smile.