Thursday, February 9, 2012

Congratulations to the Newly Elected 2012 National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Members!

Congratulations to the 2012 newly elected NAE members; the announcement was just released!

Click here for the full list.



I was delighted to see some names that I recognized including Peter Glynn of Stanford University, Scott Shenker of UC Berkeley, and Christine Shoemaker of Cornell University. The latter two I know, which is quite exciting.

In addition, the foreign associates include Professor Frank P. Kelly from the University of Cambridge, U.K., whose work I often cite and vice-versa, and Professor Andrés Weintraub from the University of Chile, Santiago, who is well-known in Operations Research. Professor Weintraub and I are both on the editorial board of the International Transactions in Operational Research.

This year there are 66 new members elected and 10 foreign associates.