Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Fora Awards breakfast at INFORMS San Diego





I would be remiss not to share some photos taken at the Fora awards breakfast in San Diego at the INFORMS conference on October 13, 2009. Above I have posted some photos of those in attendance as well as several of the award recipients.

I, again, congratulate all the INFORMS student chapters on their awards, as well as those individuals who were honored with the Judith Liebman award and the Moving Spirit award for Fora and for chapters.

My colleague, Professor Ana Muriel of the Mechanical and Engineering Department at UMass Amherst, received the Moving Spirit Award for Fora for her work with WORMS as its former President. My former doctoral student, Dr. Patrick Qiang, was a recipient of a Judith Liebman award.

Please see my post below for some photos of the WORMS luncheon in San Diego.